Isn't is amazing how much we live and breathe by our computers? It's been soooo frustrating this week to know you've SENT emails but no-one is RECEIVING these emails!! And, to wonder if anyone is sending ME emails and I'm not RECEIVING them?? I've had one of my DH's computer guys working on it and they still can't figure out the problem! I'm so sorry to those of you who I NEED to comunicate with and can't!! I'm really hoping this is taken care of by the end of the day but I know my hubby is in the LA office today for meetings with the computer programs, etc... and not sure when the meetings will be done in order to help me??
Oh, my other email at Gmail my work... if you sent me an email, try sending it at:
Akissonthechic@gmail.com That isn't connected to their server...
But, onto CREATIVE news!! I've had a REALLY great time since I've been back from all our Summer trips being creative, being published again, the kit club being reviewed, teaching a class, and spending time making an mini album of our trip and getting ready to ROCK the September Kits!! So I thought I would fill you in on all the news:
1. I'm going to be published (2 times) in the Dutch Magazine, http://www.creatiefmetfotos.nl/ !! This is the magazine that published my "Life of Adventure" album of our trip "Around the World" and the owner, Wim Kross, has been so kind to me since I met him at CHA Summer 2008 and he has carefully wrapped up and taken a few of my albums home with him and his daughter that time and the last time at CHA Winter. We have had a few chances to chat as well about my own Dutch Heritage and some day I plan to make it out to his Memory Museum in Holland, I promisse Wim! My plan is to fly into Amsterdam next time instead of London so I can show my girls and hubby where my family is from! Oh, and one of the Dutch Designers on the Clear Scraps DT with me, Hilde Janbroers, is teaching my "Life of Adventure" album on September 12 at their workshop! So if you're in the area, make sure you sign up for that class, Hilde is truely talented and I'm sure will be making a GORGEOUS version of my album!!
2. A Kiss on the Chic Kit Club is going to be reviewed very soon on http://www.scrapnart.com/ which is an ezine magazine! They emailed me months ago about this and I sent this a whole bunch of June Love kit for their DT and now in the Sept/Oct. issue, they are reviewing my little Kit Club along with about 25 other kit clubs! So, we'll see how ours stacks up! I'm just a little kit club so I'm not sure how I'm going to stack up against the giants in this business, but if you want to see, make sure you check back on their website soon! ( I sure wish I had the website all updated... anyone out there with graphic art experience?? Even though the DH does this for a living, I'm the last on the list! hehehe)
3. Teaching at Paper Tales was truely a GREAT day and it just reminded me how much I LOVE to teach! So anyone out there wanting a teacher for an event?? or want me to come to your LSS, I would LOVE TO!!! (Hello Teresa, Donna, Heidi, and the list goes on and on ;)-
4. Speaking of teaching and being CREATIVE, I had my dear friend Cindy Earnest over yesterday to help me get all the kits ready and we always have such fun brainstorming ideas! She was helping me VERY CAREFULLY, cut out the VINTAGE school book pages, the VINTAGE 1915 & 1916 FASHION MAGAZINES and the Italian Fashion Paper for both kits!! The paper is VERY old and thus, very fragile! I'm going to be playing with some of it soon and showing you some ideas you can do with this paper but I suggest using some archival spray on this paper if your photos will be touching it. Anyways, getting back to being CREATIVE...
5. I'm having a CREATIVE party at my house!! Yes, we got to talking about how I used to have classes in my home and I really miss that time with my friends and having some fun scrapbooking, eating and talking. So on my birthday, what better thing to do then have a GIRLS CREATIVE NIGHT!! I'm going to be making a MIXED-UP album kind of like this:
Where it's got all different page sizes and mediums!! But, using the new Melissa Frances BINGO Album:
and a FALL THEME! Kinda like this too:
I pulled this out yesterday when Cindy was over and I really fell in love with this album again! I made this while I was in San Antonio last September at one of Lance's tradeshows. Fall has always been my FAV time of year and the "shabby chic" look of all the Jenni Bowlin goodies looks so GREAT with the Basic Grey papers! I never got around to teaching this as a class, that would sure be fun to do maybe at a store this Fall. Do you see how this is a Clear Scrap Circle album I turned into a Pumpkin with the green stem and Kaiser kraft wood swirl at the top? O.k. need some creative time again to make something with all these elements combined!! I'll share the outcome soon...
So back to the "Creative Night" at my house, I'll have all different page sizes, textures and they'll all be lined up on the table for them to put together in their own way and then we'll Zutter of use the new Binderie!!! (yes, those are on the way...) How FUN huh?! And then we'll all bring some appetizers to snack on and just have a GREAT time!!
6. And lastly, I've been working on another Clear Scraps mini album of my 20th Wedding Anniversary trip to Europe this Summer! I'm almost all done and thought I would share a few pictures from it! I used the CS
OOPS... just realized I SAVED this post as I'm still working on this POST... My computer FROZE and I thought I lost the entire thing and then went to SAVE it and realized it's public, before I'm even done... oh well... I'll keep going...
For the Trip album, I used the CS Scalloped Tag album and a bunch of stuff from my July Travel Kit. I also used the page I played with months ago with bees wax. Remember this:
(o.k. sorry had to stop and work with hubby and computer guy on my email accounts! Hopefully all is working now!! Still have the Sync Issues - 147 and counting but did receive over a hundred emails just now!!)
Ok. Remember this bees wax I was playing with:
Well I used this for the cover of my Travel Album:
I still want to play around with the bees wax stamped image and maybe but some glossy accents inside it or outline it will a glitter pen to give it a bit more dimension, but this was fun to make and relive some moments from our trip a few weeks ago!
Here's a couple other pages from the inside:
I also used some Making Memories papers and embellishments from their Travel line from last year that I LOVE so much!
Half of the pages are the CS acrylic and the other half are the CS chipboard.
I have to say I LOVE this picture in Paris! I haven't shared the pictures from the France part of our trip yet... This was taken the day we went to the Musee d' Orsay and we literally walked around ALL OF PARIS! I'm telling you if we mapped it all out, it had to be over 5 miles of walking after we were done with the museum! We came to this park, the Jardin des Tuileries. and we could see the Eiffel Tower in the back ground. So Lance took out the camera and took a TON of pictures of me on this cement fence. I really like how the focus is blurred in the background but you can still see the Eiffel Tower!!
I'll have to share my Journal with the same papers once I finish putting the ephemera and picures in it. But I think it's going to be more of a journal then a scrapbook album so I'm going to only put a few of my FAV pictures in it...
So next on my list of creative projects tonight is using the other bees wax page:
Love, Love, LOVE the Fushia ink on this one and I know JUST what I'm going to do... I have an idea of making a very artsy collage Marie Antionette album!!! I think I mentioned this the other day and I can't WAIT to play with this, hopefully tonight!
Tomorrow night Lance is taking me out on a date in LA! yeah, I LOVE LA!! He bought tickets to see Legally Blond a LONG time ago and I totally forgot about them but we're going to go see the play and hang out in LA! Then we get back on Sunday and have one more week before school starts!! What's CRAZY is we always go to Palm Springs that last week but I also have Creative Escape next week! So, (yes, I know my life is crazy) we go to PS for three days, come home and the next morning I leave for Creative Escape! I literally won't be home ALL next week until the night before the girls start school! So we're leaving right now to go get some school supplies, we got Victoria registered, got her books and locker this morning and just need a few shoes, backpacks, etc... and we're set!
I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! I will try to come on here Sunday afternoon and update on the kits, and emails, etc. before we leave for PS in the morning. I will be taking my computer with me but not sure how much I'll be online that week since I don't know how expensive the Internet is going to cost at the timeshare in PS and the hotel in Arizona for Creative Escape. But, the SEPTEMBER kits WILL be on sale August 31st, at 7PM, PST and I'm praying I can get everything done by then!! I literally get home on the 30th in the afternoon and will have one day to do everything (plus get the two youngest girls to their 1st day of school!) But, I can't complain, I'm so blessed with wonderful kids, an AWESOME hubby, GREAT parents on both sides who take care of the girls a LOT and all of you who come hear and say Hi and support my passion for preserving all of our memories!!!
Hugs to all of you,
Oh, P.S. (see I can't remember EVERYTHING...;)-
I just got my box from Scrapbook Trends with my mini album that was in their latest Mini Album book and it had some FREE goodies in it for being published in this:
and I'm giving it all AWAY!! So leave a comment on this blog and tell me what you like to do on the first day your kids go back to school! (this is the first year ALL 3 will be in school full-time! and I'm going to Barnes & Noble, getting a coffee, plopping down on one of the fluffy couches and reading some magazines!! ;)- and I'll pick a winner some time next week!