Ok, I'm usually not such a wimp...
But I HATE going to the Dentist! I haven't been in years... (sorry mom) and I MADE myself make an appointment last week. It's funny because they said they had THAT DAY available, and I said NO!
WAAAAAAY to shocking for my system. :)-
Maybe if I had this guy as a Dentist, I could deal:
So wish me luck, I'm PRAYING no root canals are in my future...
It's been a weird week with so much rain and greyness... Then in the midst of this grey, my brother is posting pictures of their family enjoying a SUNNY Michigan! lol. In the 70's for them is NOT normal for March. It was actually FUN to see them all out playing in the nice weather, I think we switched weather for a few days...
I can't believe Ella is almost 3 years old! I remember when I was sharing photo's of her just born! And now Megan is 8 months old... Miss those little girls so much.
So while they were enjoying this, we were enjoying this:
SNOW!!! Crazy, but true!
We woke up on Sunday and Rebecca saw a friend on FB share a picture of SNOW in her backyard. Not this much, but we don't get snow... EVER. So we decided to take a drive about 20 minutes from our house and this is what we saw! Not just a little snow, a TON of snow and it was still snowing!
We weren't really prepared to go out in it, but we stopped for a few minutes for the girls to play a bit...
Pretty cool for us.
But then two hours later we were in the ER with this one:
She was doubled over in pain and it wasn't stopping. She's never done that before so we called the her dr. and they told us to take her in for xrays at the ER.
The good news is she was fine and sent home within a few hours!
What a WEEKEND. Lately is seems like I'm just getting over the weekend and WEDNESDAY is already here. :)
BUT... Today is my hubby's birthday!!
Tomorrow, I will be going to the dentist (which I DREAD) and then coming home to blog a bit about the upcoming Italy trip!
So stay tuned...
Found these ADORABLE s'mores on Pinterest today and thought I'd share the LINK to make them!
I hope all of you are enjoying a WONDERFUL Day and are filled with the "Luck of the Irish" TODAY!!
**Some important updates will be on this blog on Monday, so come back and see what things are in store!!
Have a GREAT weekend everyone,
Is that how you're week feels too? Planning a little trip mid-week was nice, but coming back to SO much...was not so fun. I've started writing more LISTS to keep me organized, but it's still got to get DONE, right??
I have to tell you a secret, well you may have already guess it... I'm NOT one of those "SUPER MOMS" who has everything together! I may LOOK like I do, I think some people THINK I am, but I am SO NOT. THE PROOF is in my purse... :)- I'm the embarrissing lady with the grocery reciepts sticking out of my purse. AND the straw wrappers or kids trash on the floor in the car! UGH... Why can't I be that nicely organized, put together lady who picks up their kids with beautiful hair and nice outfits on? I actually wore my PAJAMAS to take the girls to school this morning! So, I may "look" like I'm some super woman to some of you (who live FAR away from me... HAHA) but the reality is I'm trying to just KEEP UP with my life!
So this week, I've had SO many things on my "TO-DO" list and not much has gotten done. Hopefully the garage door guy will come when he SAYS (he's 7 minutes behind schedule) and fix my garage door so I can drive INSIDE it and then I can cross off one thing on my list... :)
Lance and I took a two-day trip to Vegas this week for a trade show and a LITTLE relaxing, which was nice. He had to go see some things at the tradeshow so we also decided to take in the Phantom of the Opera show. We've seen it MANY times but it NEVER gets old to us, it's our all time FAV show! A little heads up about Phantom at the Venetian in Vegas... It's GOING DARK on September 2nd for GOOD!! I couldn't believe it. It's such a GREAT show but it's run it's course at the Venetian I guess so if you want to see it, GO NOW! We are trying to plan a trip back before September 2nd with the girls so they can see it there one last time. The theater it's in at the Venetian was built JUST FOR The Phantom of the Opera and it's AMAZING to see it there!
I also did a little bit of shopping, we ate at Mix and actually gambled a little!! :) I can't tell you how many times we've been to Vegas over the years... maybe 20-30 times?? I've maybe gamgled 2 times? Seriously, we just don't gamble. Lance works too hard for his money to give it away like that! hahaha... But we were eating dinner at Mix and talking about what we wanted to do afterwards. We both thought it would be fun to play some BlackJack or "Wheel of Fortune" together! So we headed downstairs, tried a little BlackJack for a bit (I had to have help b/c I didn't remember all the tricks) and we were ahead about $85, so we took our chips and cashed in. Then we found a "Wheel of Forturne" slot machine with the "Free Spin" on it and sat down there. There were two on the NICEST ladies next to us, cheering us on and guess what.. I WON!! I got a FREE SPIN and it landed on 1000!! Now mind you, it was 1000 QUARTERS, so I WON $250!! I was screaming, the ladies and Lance were screaming and everyone was checking it out! It was hilarious!! The ladies were saying "CASH OUT, CASH OUT" so I did and I had $304 on my ticket!! So exciting!! That was SO fun!!
But now we are home and it IS good to be home, mess and all. I don't want to give the impression that I dont' want EVERY BIT of my life... I just wish I new how to be a better mom, wife, housekeeper, artist, event planner, travel planner AND health and fitness guru... all of the above!! :)-
Oh, we're also changing to a FULL TIME Gluten Free lifestyle, so that's another FUN challenge! Basically we are focusing on VEGGIES, FRUITS, PROTEINS and other grains besides Wheat/Gluten products. I've tried this with Rebecca years ago b/c I think this is a problem for her, but never stuck with it. I think it's because it's just too hard to have only ONE person on this. So we as a FAMILY decided to give it a try TOGETHER! It will help up loose weight, help us focus on unprocessed WHOLE foods, see if things improve with energy level, dry skin issues and just overall HEALTHIER bodies!! I'm excited, we've been working on it for the last couple weeks, but now we are ready for it FULL TIME! I've loaded my Pinterest Board with LOTS of options and the grocery trips are about to happen... Wish us luck, AND if you have any Gluten Free Recipes, send them my way!! We'd love to have LOTS of options.
On top of that, I have a few "scrappy details" to work on...
1. I haven't taught a class in 2012 yet!! YIKES.. where did the time go?? I REALLY want to, but I just haven't had time to bring this to Paper Tales:
I think I may do this as a Project Kit in my Etsy Shop After looking at my schedule, I'm literally busy EVERY weekend with some Volleyball tournament, plans with friends/family, some school event, vacation plans, the Tiffany Affaire...all the way until end of JULY!!
2. I need to FILL my Etsy shop again! I have these really cute Canvas sayings I'm painted and want to put in my shop... I also have some new "paper kits" that are themed and ready to be put into a "mixed media" album! They're really cute and I just need time to photograph them!!
3. I want to order the new lines from Pink Paislee!! I plan on making 2 Project kits... One with the LONDON MARKET and one with Heidi Swaps SUGAR CHIC!! So if either of those interest you, LET ME KNOW!! I'm going to be ordering things soon to make two class projects. I think they will also have to go in my Etsy shop or some sort of online class...
4. I thought I was going to teach all over the U.S. this year!! I have stores in Florida, New York, Arizona and North. California that I REALLY want to teach at, but I just can't pull it together, YET... I promise I will get out there at some point! Maybe AFTER the Bellagio Event in September?? So if there is a store near you that you'd like to me teach at, LET ME KNOW!! I'll see if maybe FALL 2012 or 2o13 will be the time for traveling around and teaching!
5. Speaking of my retreat in Italy... I've EXTENDED the DEADLINE TO SIGN UP! Not sure if I mentioned that on here? But if you're still on the fence, you have a bit more time!! The spots are filling up though, so don't wait too long. I need to make some decisions about things by March 16th and then start booking airfare, so JOIN US NOW if you want to come! I've had three more ladies sign up in the last week!! If you wanted to share a room with some friends or family members, I have only one Large apartment left for a family/group of 4-6 people! And YES, you can bring family members who just want to come to Italy with you!!
Ok, another book I guess... Sorry about that and sorry if I'm feeling a bit "whiney" today in my post. I have SO much to be thankful for and LOVE every bit of my life!! I just don't know how everyone "does it" and would LOVE some help figuring out how to be AHEAD of things, instead of always feeling like I need to get CAUGHT UP...
Have a GREAT weekend and let me know if those PROJECT KITS sound good? I'll start planning for those and put those in my Etsy shop when the new PP comes in!